As online registration has now closed, all registration enquires need to directed to the Registration tent located onsite at Main Beach Place Park, Main Beach. The Registration tent will be open on:
Saturday 11 May 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Sunday 12 May from 6.00am
If you have not received your Event Kit in the mail and you registered on or before 24 April 2013, you will need to visit the Help Desk located with the Registration tent onsite during the hours above. We will confirm that your kit has not been return to us and if needed we will organise another kit for you.
If you are looking for information on Road Closures, please click here for more information.
For any other enquiries, please see the FAQ page for the Gold Coast event or visit the Information tent on Sunday 12 from 6.00am.
The Gold Coast event involves a 4km and 8km walk along the beautiful beachfront and The Esplanade. For more details on the Gold Coast event and registration closing dates see the information below.
If running and walking isn't your thing you can still join in the fun of the day by volunteering to help out.
Alternatively, you can come along and support all walkers and runners and join in the entertainment and activity taking place around the course. All participants are in the running for spot prizes, given out around the course on the day.
Remember to fill in a tribute card to wear on the day in memory of a loved one or with words of encouragement to someone currently undergoing treatment. You can now also add your tribute message to our new online tribute wall. Create your tribute card here.
If you wish to make a stand alone donation to the Mother's Day Classic for breast cancer research, you can do so from our website here.
Help us promote the MDC – download a copy of the Gold Coast poster (2MB).
To view the Gold Coast sponsors, please click here.
Main Beach Place Park, Main Beach on the Gold Coast.
Sunday 12 May 2013, from 7.45am.
- Earlybird registrations close: 5pm Wednesday 10 April 2013
- Mailed entries close: 5pm Wednesday 24 April 2013
- Online entries colse: 5pm Thursday 9 May 2013
- Enter by 5pm, Wednesday 24 April 2013 to have your event information kit mailed to you before the event.
- Large team entries paying in bulk: Payments must be finalised by Wednesday 10 April 2013 (refer to Teams below for more details).
- Event check-in is also available on Saturday 11 May between 1pm and 5pm at the event site.
- New registrations are also available on the day at the event from 6am. Arrive early to avoid the queues.
Online and mailed entries are now closed.
New registrations are available on the day at the event from 6am. Arrive early to avoid the queues.
Once you download the form, fill it out and mail in with payment by credit card, cheque or money order.
|Entry Prices||Early bird online||Post early bird online|
|(until 5pm 10/4/13)||(from 5pm 10/4/13)|
|Child under 16||$20.00||$25.00|
|Student/Health Care Card Holder||$25.00||$30.00|
|Family 2 adults and up to 4 children||$85.00||$95.00|
|Family 1 adult and up to 4 children||$55.00||$65.00|
|Timing Fee (mandatory for runners)||$4.00||$4.00|
|SMS Results (optional for runners only)||$1.00||$1.00|
An event information kit and your race number will be mailed by Wednesday 8 May 2013 to all participants whose registration is received by 5pm, Wednesday 24 April 2013.
If you register after 5pm, Wednesday 24 April, 2013, you will need to collect your race number on Saturday 11 May between 1pm – 5pm or on Sunday morning from 6am before your event at the Mother’s Day Classic registration area at Main Beach Place Park.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your event in order to allow plenty of time to register and warm up.
6.00am Registration and late entries open at event site
7.45am 4km run starts
8.00am 8km run starts
8.10am 8km walkers start
8.45am 4km walkers start
The course is along the beautiful beachfront and The Esplanade. The start is on Macarthur Parade near the Southport Surf Lifesaving Club, it then travels south down The Esplanade and back to the finish at Main Beach Place Park.
See the course map below:
Parking will be available in the surrounding streets. Please adhere to parking guidelines as per council regulations.
Please be aware that MacArthur Parade, Main Beach Parade and The Esplanade (from MacArthur Parade to Elkhorn Avenue) will all be closed to traffic from 5.30am. The Main Beach precinct will also be locked down from 7.15am. Please take this into consideration when arranging transport to and from the event site.
Electronic timing device
If you wish to participate in either the 4km or 8km run categories you are required to wear a timing chip. Runners will be prompted for an additional payment of $4 for a timing chip upon registration. Walkers will not be timed and will not be issued with a timing chip.
You will be given a timing tag that you must attach to your shoes as per the diagram below. You will NOT receive a time if you do not wear a timing tag in the appropriate location. You must hand in your timing tag after the event. If you forget, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 13 28 91 as soon as possible. Any person who does not return their timing tag will be invoiced $25 for its replacement.
All runners and walkers are required to pin a race number on the front of their top to participate in the event.
Anyone without a race number will not be permitted to start the event.
Safety at the event
Please do not place any valuables in the clothing bags at the cloak room. We cannot accept responsibility for valuables lost or stolen.
For safety reasons please DO NOT bring dogs, rollerblades, skateboards or bikes.
Prams are permitted.
The Mother’s Day Classic includes lots of extra activities for kids and adults. These include warm up aerobics, performers, food stands, free massages, entertainment plus a kids activity area with face painting and jumping castle.
Kids can enter the Mother’s Day Classic to walk or run so long as they have permission from their parent or guardian. Kids who run the Mother’s Day Classic and win in their age category will be sent a medallion after the event.
- All participants receive a 2013 medallion, which converts to a key ring and lanyard.
- The first male and female across the line in each of the running events will receive a prize.
- Age category medals for the 4km and 8km runs will be mailed to winners of each age category after the event. Age categories are as follows - U15, U18, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
- All participants are eligible to win great spot prizes including weekend packages, meals and gift vouchers.
Trophies will be awarded to:
- The largest school category sponsored by NGS Super
- The largest corporate team category
- The largest Community Groups and Clubs Category
- The largest Family and Friends Category
- The largest Gym / Personal Fitness / Wellbeing Category
All trophies sponsored by:
Tribute cards can be attached to your top in support or memory of a loved one touched by breast cancer. Tribute cards can be downloaded from the website, requested via the registration process or collected on day from the information marquee.
A special Tribute Wall will be located at the assembly area. Participants can choose to pin their tribute cards to the wall after their run or walk.
Go to www.mothersdayclassic.com.au on Tuesday 14 May for run results. You can also print out an official certificate from the website.
Walkers will not be timed.
- No pets, rollerblades, skateboards or bikes are permitted on the course. Prams are permitted, but please start towards the back of the group.
- Ensure you keep an eye on your children and organise specific points to meet before the event in case someone gets lost.
- Be aware that you are a pedestrian on public roads and please follow instructions from race officials.
- Please remember to dress according to the weather (hat and sunscreen) and wear comfortable shoes.
Have a question?
Please go to our FAQ page by clicking here.
If your question is not answered on the FAQ page, you may call 1300 13 28 91 during business hours. We kindly ask that you only contact us should your question not be answered in the FAQ section.
For more event information email email@example.com or phone 1300 132 891
National media sponsor